Monday, April 9, 2007

Web Based Applications

I am creating a document using a web based application.  Hmmm, is there anyone wtih enough time to look at this and edit it, so we get a feel for why this is useful in the real world?  I can't think of anyone, the staff is pretty busy right now.  So I will fo ahead and save and see if I can get back to it later. 

 

Since I use Apple, I look forward to the day when people use this free software to share ideas, so I am not faced with attachments that are in Word that I can't open.  I wonder if the Web based applications are more vulnerable to viruses than applications sstored on my computer at home.  Logically, it seems like they would be.  Someone evil could pretend to be your boss and sneak in and edit all your work!  Still it would be nice to be able to use an application you don't use very often without paying full price for it.  My husband works for IBM and they are trying to develop Web based software you could use for a fee.

 


 

No comments: